Thursday, 18 August 2011

A Cry For Hope


             I was lying in a small rotten creek house, which was located at the end of Karachi in Firozabad.  Some say I was smuggled from Israel. Some say I was smuggled from India. nevertheless, no one knows the real origin of me. There were others like me also. The house we were staying in was located in a very dangerous part of Karachi. We could hear the voices of dying persons, bomb blasts, and the crackling noise of the burning fire in a nearby building. But we couldn't do anything to save them to help them. One day
we were transferred to another violent place in Karachi where our destiny lies. In addition, I knew that time has come and my fate has been written. I was destined to kill an innocent child, a women or an old person. And there was no power in me to stop myself.
 One night I was taken to a town Orangi. There was a little traffic of cars and motorcycles. Some people were passing by trying to get home from this cruel night. A rickshaw came from down the road, containing a family of two children a man and a woman. They were coming back home from their relative house. Suddenly two men came from nowhere and starting firing bullets at the family. And I was one of them. I could do nothing to stop myself. I hit with a sheer force on the shoulder of the innocent child. He fell to the ground. There was still a ray of life in him but there was no one to save that poor child.  No one came. The child died a cold death. I just could do nothing. I could just cry in the blood tears of that innocent child.
These incidents are increasing day-by-day killing innocent lives. Others like me falling to the same fate.  Orangi town’s Aligarh Colony Forensics receives 20 to 25 bullets a day, including those retrieved from the autopsies of gunshot fatalities. What is the government doing?  Where are the officials? We cannot leave Karachi. We cannot abandon it. What would happen to Pakistan if Karachi is to turn just like Beirut. What is the Pakistan fate? Moreover, what is Karachi’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment